Friday, July 27, 2012

Ways To Save Money on Groceries

With a teenager and almost teenager in the house, I swear I can never keep enough food in the house and groceries is a HUGE expense in our home so I'm always looking for ways to feed my hungry family cheaply.

Typically, when I walk past my grocery stores clearance produce I usually just continue on without more than a passing glance. I always figured that it's not much of a savings if I buy discounted food only to have it go to waste.

Wisebread offers 7 Ways To Make Use of Sub-par Produce. Take a look at some of these great ideas. I can't believe they hadn't occurred to me before reading this article!

I will have to do some calculations to see if a dehydrator will be worth the purchase and end up saving money in the long run but I do love the idea of making soups, breads and freezing the items for later use.

Thanks for the tips Wisebread :)

No comments:

Post a Comment